Monday, December 19, 2005

Why this exists

Talking to friends it becomes clear that there are a lot of things that not many people realize about the military.

Walking down the steps of the Arclight in Hollywood, I asked Jean Picker Firstenberg, the President and CEO of the American Film Institute, if she had any advice for me as I was about to enter the US Army as a detour to coming back to Los Angeles in a few years.


She asked why I chose to serve.

The first thought to race through my mind was, Why shouldn't I serve?

A few weeks later, telling a producer why my stay in Los Angeles would be so short, she told me that I'm "too smart for the military." To which I thought, doesn't that mean I should be a part of it to make it better?

I've started this blog to show glimpses into a life that not many people know much about. Hopefully I'll be able to impart a few nuggets of wisdom through my words in the upcoming years, to give my friends and family an idea of what being an officer in today's Army is really like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home