Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Road to Kentucky: Day 2

Woke up to snow in Salt Lake. Got breakfast, gassed up with 88 octane (again) at $2.119/gal and headed out.

Wyoming. The snow stopped, and the sun came out. I even passed a billboard for A & B Surplus, promising they could “fill all of my camouflage needs” … too bad I already had over fifteen hundred dollars worth of uniforms in my trunk.

I passed the continental divide ... while going uphill ... does this make sense to anyone?

I got to Rawlins for lunch. Ate at McDonalds, gassed up with 87 (finally! A touch of home!) octane at $2.249 and left … in the middle of a snow storm.

An hour of white-out conditions later, I’m done with the snow. And before I even have to deal with visiting Cheyenne, I turn south to go to Denver.

I saw the huge Hyatt from the Interstate, and figured I would try it. Little did I know that:

  1. the Hyatt opened last week; it's brand new
  2. they have really nice rooms, with an HDTV in every one
  3. they have great promotions (like cheap rooms and free wireless internet)

I was sold.

I ran on a treadmill (a good one this time), and had dinner at their downstairs upscale restaurant Altitude (Denver … get it?) … good, but not worth the price.

Tomorrow: Let’s see if I can make it to St. Louis in less than the 14 hours google says it will take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home