Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

When I walk into a bar, I expect certain things.

Beers on tap that a gas station doesn't carry, a knowledgeable bartender, and a socializing atmosphere.

When I walk into a Pub, I expect a few more things: Guinness on tap and more international selection.

But when I walk into an Irish Pub on Saint Patrick's day, I don't expect Sweet Home Alabama being covered by some kids younger than me on stage, and everyone enjoying it.

I'm as much a fan as Lynyrd Skynyrd as the next all-American, but there is a time and place for everything, and Bardstown road, the "Irish quarter" of Louisville, is not the place on such sacred a drinking holiday.

Louisville, thanks for ruining perhaps my last St. Patrick's day stateside for two years. Thanks a lot.

1 Comments:

Blogger higgalot said...

Seattle,WA has some great Irish pubs. Also, while there, try to visit the brewery at Pike's market...they have their own special brews made in house.

If you ever are in Pensacola,try McGuires.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home